2 100 kr
ONLY AVAILABLE FROM DECEMBER 15th AND APRIL 30th
With its impressive length of 520 kilometers, the Torne river runs from the ancient mountains in the west down to the coast in the east where it flows out into the Bay of Bothnia. As the largest of Sweden’s four national rivers, it is a rare and unique national treasure. This wild and beautiful river provides the ice blocks from which ICEHOTEL is built every winter; a world famous hotel and art exhibition made of ice and snow.
The journey starts from SkyVillage by heading off on the river towards Jukkasjärvi, the small town where the famous Ice Hotel is located. The first stop is the Nutti Sámi Siida (”Sami Camp”), where we will learn about the ancient Sami community, their way of life and their customs. We will also meet and feed in person Lapland’s reeinder!
Once we arrive at our final destination at Ice Hotel, our guide will provide an updated
explanation on what is the process of building such a hotel out of ice, every year. After the introduction, you are going to be able to wonder around the icy corridors of the hotel, and explore their several pieces of art.
- Starting 9.30 from SkyVillage
- Pick up by car at your hotel in Kiruna by 9.00am
- Overalls and winter boots will be provided
- Tour Guiding; 5h in all (1h transfer + 4h at Jukkasjärvi). It includes: sightseeing from the SkyArk, reindeer feeding at Saami Camp and visiting Sami Camp Museum, guided tour of the ICEHOTEL, ice bar and coffee break with home baked pastry, warm berrie juice, coffee and tea
- Entrytickets to ICEHOTEL and the Sami Camp are included in the ticket price
Min 2 and max 8 people per tour
Kids under 3 y.o. are not recommended
Daily tours from December 15tht - April 15th, other times might be possible depending on the weather and ice conditions. Contact us before booking to get a professional overview of the situation.
Looking for something more? Write us to email@example.com and talk directly to our Tour Specialist to design your experience together.