Only the Bravest
Are you ready to jump into the SkyArk around 23.00 and roam around over the frozen river head to the crisp forest to search for the best spot to catch the Aurora?
- Departure by SkySled from SkyVillage resort
- Transfers by car are included.
- Transfer by SkySled with a supplement of 350 SEK/Adult.
- Overall and winter boots will be provided
- Tour Guiding; 3h in all (sightseeing from the SkyArk + Northern Lights watching)
- Hot drinks and snacks; blueberries soup, coffee and Tea, hot chocolare and light sandwiches.
- Reindeer, moose, fox, and ptarmigan bird are most likely to be seeing on the way.
- Min 2 people per tour
- Available from December 1st - April 15th
Shimmery and magical. The dance of the Northern Lights is a spectacular sight that we frequently enjoy in here. Viewing the Aurora Borealis is both a jaw-dropping and mystical experience.
SkyVillage, lies in the middle of the Aurora zone in the swedish lapland, it has though an extremely high percentage of no light pollution because still a wild land, incontaminated. These key factors explain why the Northern Lights are seen so reliably over Torne River Bank, where SkyVillage is based.
So here we are, ready to start our journey through frozen forests chords, heading off to a remote island over the Torne river, a Sami Tentipi is waiting for us at our final destination.
We start a fire and while the guide starts cooking some coffee we share stories with each other...kids and adults. The atmosphere inside is cosy and we all warm up around the fire holding a smoky Kåsa (wooden cup) of hot drink.
What we like the most is cooking the coffee above the fire, it gets the taste from the forest. Admiring the northen lights from this spot is touching.
Even if you don’t have a reflex the secret for a good take to the dancing queen is a tripod. One way of making northern lights pictures even more exiting is by making light painting photography.